Sunday, January 7, 2018

Hello world!

Hi everyone,

This blog is created to share my love for sewing and creating sewing patterns.

I have a petite and curvy body shape, and this is why it is quite a problem finding clothes that fit me well at the stores. After giving birth to my baby, the problem got worse, and I turned to self-making my own clothes.

My taste in fashion can be summarized in a few words: simple - elegant - classic. I admit I am not very adventurous with my clothing. Most of which I created are dresses - sheath dresses, fit and flare dresses, shift dresses. I always try to make my creation with highest quality standard - choosing nice fabrics, careful with cutting, ironing and sewing. I love to know that my dresses can be compared with pricey tailor made dresses at the store. Above all, I love wearing my self-made dresses, because it gives me the feeling of achievement.

A few years ago, I also downloaded patterns online, printing and cutting them to make my own clothes. But most of them were made with "normal"sizes for women of 170cm average height. With someone who is only 157cm tall like me, the patterns needed a lot of alteration - sometimes it took more time than drafting a complete new one.

I realized that many other had the same problem. Most of us are not "normal"- we are either too short or too tall, too big or too small. That is why I made the patterns for not-so-normal sizes, mostly for petite women. Some are made for tall women because I have a friend who is nearly 180cm tall.

As time goes by, I grow more and more interested in creating patterns. I love how the patterns are turned into beautiful dresses by my friends - how creative they are! They made all kind of small changes in the original designs and got their own unique creations! I can now create a pattern, give it to my friends and eagerly wait for them to bring me surprises.

This is why I create this blog. I want to share all of this to anyone who loves sewing, and I love to see how you guys turn the patterns into real clothes.

My patterns tend to be classic - with basic forms and shapes, which leaves you a lot of space for improvising. I will try my best to make them as diverse as possible.

Hope that everyone would love this blog!

XOXO

Tien - the Petite Sewist

No comments:

Post a Comment