Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Free sewing pattern: Veronica dress

Hi guys,

I guess I should name my patterns, because I just find out that if I just list the features of the garment (like short sleeve, round neck, knee length, etc.), some of them will be really long, or will cause confusion with the same name for different model. So from now on, you will see the pattern with a name, I just name them randomly to my liking.

And the first dress with a name I am sharing today is the Veronica dress.

This dress features a deep V neckline, a gathered front, and a flared skirt. It is simple and easy, and it will make you beautiful I'm sure. 

Here is a 3D simulation of the Veronica dress:


 And this is how it looks on a size M model. 

And this is how it looks on a size XXL model. Still adorable, huh? I really love how the fit and flare form flatters the curves of the wearer, no matter what their body shape is.
The pattern is made using layered PDF, please check for your size before printing so you won’t waste your paper. If you still do not know how to print a layered PDF, please check for the instruction here.
You can print this using your home printer and A4/Letter paper. I calculated the printing area so that you will be able to use either type of paper to print the pattern out perfectly. Always print the first page first and check with the test square if you are printing at the right scale before you print out the whole pattern.

Do you want to add side seam pockets to the pattern for additional convenience? Just go ahead because it is too easy, just follow the quick instruction here.

Cutting instruction:

This is how you will get if you print all sizes. Messy, huh? Just print what you need, you won't get confused.


The cutting instruction is for the garment with facings. If you choose to sew it with bias binding, skip the front facing and back facing pieces. If you choose to sew with bodice lining, skip the facing pieces and cut a set of front and back pieces in lining fabric.

A. Front - 2pcs
B. Back - 2pcs
C. Front Skirt - 1pcs
D. Back Skirt - 2pcs
E. Front Facing – 1pcs + Fusible Interfacing – 1pcs
F. Back Facing – 2pcs + Fusible Interfacing – 2pcs


Happy sewing! Remember to show me your masterpiece!

XOXO
Tien the Little Sewist

No comments:

Post a Comment